Saturday, February 2, 2019

A Week in the Wasteland (part 6)


On a side note, I also got the chance to play the Fallout board game with a friend a week later, and when we were about halfway through, his son joined us as well. It was a really interesting dynamic to play the game with other players on the board! One hilarious moment was when his son began the game and literally went right to Vault 84, which my friend and I had been wandering around the map looking for, for at least 1 hour! That Vault had been right next to the beginning tile, and we'd totally walked right past it, even though the area was revealed! Since the three of us were competing to gain the most influence, sometimes we'd coordinate...but more often, we'd try to sabotage each other. For instance, I led a pack of raiders, a super mutant, and some enlarged rad-bugs after me--they move towards the closest player--and then ran past my friend, leaving him surrounded the next round by a bunch of enemies. Despite his insanely tough power armor, (which thankfully makes him a slow runner, too, haha!) he actually took a lot of damage from the enemies and had to spend time camping to heal up. Meanwhile, I got ahead of him and was able to complete a few quests before he could. We never finished our game together because of work, but I certainly had a solid head start on him! I'm looking forward to trying the Fallout board game with friends again when I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment