Saturday, October 20, 2018

VR Game Review, Creed: Rise to Glory (part 6)


Guarding and ducking during a fight became crucial to success, because even though my fast flurries of punches were connecting, they became weaker if I didn't pace myself using the game's stamina mechanic. Sometimes my opponent would successfully punch me and I'd see myself pull out of my character's body, so I had to match my outstretched hand position with my characters to get sucked back into his body. A few times, my character was knocked down, and I was catapulted far away from my character, outside the ring. I had to swing my arms and run back toward him to get back into his body before the ref counted to ten. This became harder if I was knocked down again, because I'd end up further away and have to run faster to get back. But...so far, I haven't lost a match, and I've taken down 5 of the boxers. The ending scoreboard shows that I typically block 75% of my opponent's punches and he only manages to block about 15% of mine. I usually land around 90 hits to his 20, and I usually knock him down 4 times to the one time he usually manages to knock me down. I haven't tried career mode, yet, so I expect this will get much harder, but for my purposes, it's a very fun way to work up a good sweat and get my heart pumping. I've started to plan a 30 minute game session as part of my daily routine before I shower and head out to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment