Thursday, May 3, 2018

Solar Echoes Comic Short #2 online!

The Solar Echoes Comic Short #2, “Unpleasant Weather,” is up on Youtube today! Please remember to like (if you do like it ;) and maybe subscribe to my youtube channel. Comments are always welcome, and the more sharing, the better! If you saw #1 earlier this week, you might have noticed these are not named characters—I'm just labeling each by their alien race name to help familiarize people new to Solar Echoes with each alien. This is probably the only week that will see two releases, but you should see #3 up next week sometime, because I'm nearly finished with it. I've been learning some new tricks with editing as I've been putting these together. One trick is using frame overlays with the speech text so that I don't have to re-design entire frames if the animation and text needs to sync differently. Another trick I discovered is that I can use the “pan and zoom” feature across animated frames. Previously, I'd thought I could only us it for a single frame, but by linking together animated frames, saving them as a separate file, and then bringing THAT file into the editor, it's treated as a single frame at that point and I can then apply the pan and zoom feature to it to create a little more “camera” movement across animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment