Monday, April 16, 2018

Solar Echoes Video Comic is on Youtube!


In case you missed it on Friday, I finally completed putting together the Solar Echoes video comic! There were a lot of unexpected challenges along the way, but I created many of them for myself as I learned what I could and couldn’t do with the programs I had available to me and worked within the limits of my own capabilities. Originally, I did not intend on having any actual animation—I planned only to change the expressions on the characters depending on their dialogue and the circumstances they were in. But, a happy accident helped me to learn that I could dissolve between frames at a fast rate and achieve semi-stop-motion animation. I tried to use it sparingly, reserving most of the animation for a few actions and for battle scenes (it takes a LONG time to put together). The focus remained on the characters, their interaction, and their approach as a team to their mission. The video comic is based on the free Solar Echoes demo, Operation Flash Strike, so the mission is the same and the characters are based on the pre-generated characters that are included with the demo. I wrote the script based on what I’ve seen different groups of players do in the many demo’s I’ve run at conventions. Every single time, I’ve seen players handle the mission with different tactics and unique decisions. This is just one of many possible scenarios. I hope you enjoy the characters and the video comic! A huge thanks goes out to all the voice-actors who contributed their voices and acting skills to this project! And another huge thanks goes out to John Fell, who was not only the voice actor for Elsor the Omul, but is also the artist behind all of the amazing character art I used! Thanks John!

No comments:

Post a Comment