Friday, October 20, 2017

VR Report: Arizona Sunshine (part 2)


There's still more to mention about the Arizona Sunshine VR game, and most of it is positive. I really liked being able to pick up and manipulate most objects in the environment. If there's an abandoned car, you can open each door and trunk to see if there's anything useful, like gun ammo or...tennis balls? Most objects in the game can be picked up and thrown, though other than grenades, I've not found much of a use for throwing a can of beans or a bottle of soda. One thing I really liked was the freedom to manipulate my environment; at one point in the game, a horde of zombies comes looking for me, and after dying to the horde a few times, I finally managed to survive them all by ducking inside a sheriff's office while leaving the door slightly ajar. From inside, I could pop the head of any zombie that wandered in front of the opening, especially those that decided to get curious and amble through the door. You can carry up to 4 firearms in your holsters, and you can attack with a gun in each hand-- reloading isn't hard unless you're panicked because you somehow ended up in the center of a zombie mosh pit. I've so far managed to deliver over 100 zombie headshots, but I will say that it can be a challenge because of the occasional glitchy occurrence brought on by holding your gun (controller) in front of your eye (which blocks the VR headset.) Still, it's possible, but in a frantic situation where you don't have time for precision, I recommend shooting out their legs. The game environment is rather expansive so far, and the variety of locals is keeping me intrigued—last night, I finally escaped the Lost Dutchman's mine. Let me say this: a single flashlight in a pitch-dark mine is the perfect recipe for zombie horror! Arizona Sunshine was on sale for $20, and I have really been enjoying my first free-roaming survival-shooter!



No comments:

Post a Comment