Friday, September 15, 2017

Enhancing Old Missions (part 4)


In addition to the mall map icon advice, I also recommended the use of Legos for the various mall robots, and included pictures of some of my creations. Who doesn't love playing with Legos? I bought a few sets that looked like they had the pieces I wanted, then began to build each of the robots in the mission, from the Janitor-cleaning robot to the giant Delivery-bot that carries huge packages around. My daughter actually designed the freakish and hilarious Delivery-bot, with it's gigantic, scary claws to it's funny googly eyes. These models may not be exactly to scale, but there's nothing better than putting a logo-robot monstrosity down on the map and seeing your players' excited and fearful expressions. When preparing this mission, I know I liked the excuse to go buy some legos and then try to construct the robots in the mission. I also bought some small Hotwheels cars for the car chase in the mission. Solar Echoes gives you a great opportunity to tap into your youth and play with toys again!



No comments:

Post a Comment