Friday, May 27, 2016

Gaming Community (part 5)


There are countless games available, and many of them involve direct competition. Some games, like tabletop RPG’s, are about people playing together as a group, on a team, in order to overcome challenges together. One of the core precepts I built Solar Echoes on was that it must involve everyone—I wanted Solar Echoes to be a game that brings people together and doesn’t leave anyone out. Thankfully, after running countless demos at conventions where complete strangers all sit together at my table, I believe this has been achieved. Without turn-taking (no initiative order), with somewhat fragile characters that suffer penalties when wounded (which hurts the overall effectiveness of the team), and with every system in the game designed to involve all players working together, Solar Echoes is definitely the kind of game that will turn total strangers into friends. I’m excited to be a part of building the game community! This weekend, Solar Echoes will be at the science-fiction and fantasy convention, Balticon, for its 50th anniversary. I hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment