Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Choosing Talents and Weapons For Your Character in Solar Echoes (part 3)


For the combat-focused Archaeloid, I chose the “Deadly Focus” talent, which allows him to gain a bonus to attack and damage if he hasn't moved that round. This makes him a particularly scary melee fighter, and the only defense is keeping a distance from him. Archaeloids run a little slower than some of the other races, so I decided to compensate with my weapon choices—I wanted to make it easier for him to close and get into melee range. So, I chose the Omul Glob Pistol, which glues an opponent in place for 2 rounds. This would allow my Archaeloid to catch up to those fast runners, and hopefully give him a chance to use Deadly Focus the next round to really put the hurt on. Another concern, though, was that I might miss with the Glob Pistol, because Archaeloids start with a 3 Reflex (4 is the best you can get.) Since I hadn't put my 1 extra point into Reflexes to bring it up to a 4, I needed to give my Archaeloid a better chance at hitting with a firearms attack. So, I chose the Quick Draw talent, which gives me a +1 bonus to a ranged attack that round. Now, I could draw my Glob Pistol quickly, fire it with a bonus and have a good chance of hitting, which would glue my opponent in place and allow me to move right next to him to start my melee assault. I feel sorry for anyone that is glued in place long enough for my Archaeloid to use his Deadly Focus talent! Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment