Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Choosing Talents and Weapons For Your Character in Solar Echoes (part 2)


A lot of the decisions I made for one of my characters, an Archaeloid, was based on my friend's character, an Omul. With only 7 skill points to invest in 7 different skills, we wanted to make sure that most skills were covered between us. Solar Echoes is a team-based game, so much so that you'll want to plan your character out with other players. If, for example, both my friend and I chose to play melee-focused attackers, we might both have neglected to select any Persuasion, Cybertech (hacking), or Biotech (medical) skills. Then, if we ran into a situation where we needed to get information out of someone, neither of us would be very good at wordplay, neither of us would be able to hack into a computer database, and both of us would be in big trouble if we were wounded. So, once I knew that my friend's character had invested skills in Persuasion, Stealth, Disguise, Discern Motive, Awareness, Firearms, and Language, I knew what we were lacking. We needed a melee fighter, someone who was athletic, tough, and was great with all forms of weaponry. My Archaeloid focused on these skills, but we still needed a hacker, engineer, medic, and someone who was skilled at driving and piloting starships. We agreed to add one more to our team—an Erwani, and he covered those skills. The talent choices I made next reflected the roles that I had chosen for my characters...

No comments:

Post a Comment