Monday, May 6, 2019

Vorpal Board Designer Interview (part 1)

This week I'll be sharing the interview I had with the creator of the online boardgame/RPG playing system, Vorpal Board, which allows you to play tabletop games online using the actual game pieces!

Q: What prompted you to design Vorpal Board? Tell me about what makes your system unique.

A: A number of years ago I moved from Wisconsin to New York and as a result I left behind a group that I played board games with. Around the same time, the board game scene really started getting going on Kickstarter and I was buying games that I wanted to play with my old gaming group. As a software engineer, I decided to see if I could put together a solution to the problem and I started kicking around some prototypes. Over the years, I got some rough versions up and running (at least enough for us to play through some sessions remotely). After talking with enough people that thought it was neat and wished they could do the same thing, I decided to bring on some additional help and make a run at building out into a full scale product. We took about a year of heavy software and product development to get to a usable beta and now we are bringing the product to Kickstarter in this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment