Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Star Legation Update (part 2)


One of the delays I experienced this fall was regarding planet surface artwork. I ended up re-commissioning the work to my talented CG artist, Aeghite, and she has done an absolutely fantastic job in a very short time. When the protagonist lands on the Erwani homeworld, Yolwana, we see a beautiful forest full of color, covered with a mixture of plant life that is both familiar and alien. I wanted the protagonist, Trey, and his Reln companion to walk through the forest together, but this took some doing. I spent many hours trying out different tests with my program to achieve the animation I wanted, using some cinematic trickery to keep it all connected. I was finally able to achieve my goal of having some sideways scrolling background art during their “walk,” and it really feels like you’re moving through the forest with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment