Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Holiday Gaming (part 2)


A friend of mine who is an avid table top gamer visits his family over the holidays and always takes with him a number of board games to play. His entire family loves sitting around a table and playing games together during the holidays. I must admit that I'm a little jealous, because I would love it if my wife and daughter enjoyed gaming. My wife has zero interest in games and my daughter (with the exception of Minecraft) is very uninterested in gaming. Regardless of shared interests, though, it's likely you'll be spending a lot of time over the holidays with family. Games are a great way to pass the time and interact, and I think my friend with the board games really has the right idea. There are few things that draw people together for a fun time as much as games do. When gaming together, it's easy to forget about the stresses of a job, politics, finances, illnesses, losses, and other weighty concerns. Whether you are a competitive or cooperative gamer, playing games with family and friends will bring you together with common goals, laughter, and a shared experience that often builds lasting memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment