Friday, July 24, 2015

Mind Transfer? (part 5)


There are many interesting possibilities with cloning and artificial intelligence being used towards acts of self-preservation, but I personally think it will never be possible to transfer our consciousness, though I do think it might someday be possible to copy it. Having a copy of yourself out there is a disturbing concept, not only for the copied person, but for those who know him or her (maybe it's just me, but the option to clone a pet is disturbing enough). I think physical qualities may be copied, and I do think a "brain print" reproduction will be possible someday. However, there is more to us than our physical existence--I believe our consciousness is more than our physical wiring. Whether you want to call it a spirit, soul, or something else, that is something we each uniquely possess, and it is something technology will never be able to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment