Monday, July 21, 2014

Impressions of Destiny (part 1)


If you're unfamiliar with the upcoming video game called Destiny, it's a very big deal. The game has been purported to be one of the most expensive to produce video games in history, and there has been endless hype surrounding the science-fiction first-person shooter open-world massive-multiplayer online role playing game (got all that?) I own a PS4, and was lucky enough to be given a code (thanks Chang!) to join in the beta testing process that is going on right now. The game is due for release in early September, and Bungie is testing the game to see how it handles lots of players at once. Unlike the alpha test that was done a while ago, the beta is in a much more polished state and what I'm seeing is probably very close to what the finished product is going to be. If you've read some of my other articles before, you'll know that I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's in general, but there are some reasons that I think Destiny might actually work for MMORPG enthusiasts and for people like me, too. This week, I'll be sharing my impressions of what I think works well in Destiny, in addition to a few criticisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment